Northern Territory Police have charged a 39-year-old man in relation to a fatal hit and run in Darwin’s northern suburbs last month.
Major crash investigators alleged the person responsible had left the scene without stopping.
In a media statement, Senior Sergeant Corey Borton said his team seized a vehicle on Tuesday and interviewed the alleged driver yesterday after an extensive investigation.
“If you are involved in a crash, stop immediately, render assistance and call police,” he said.
“Running is futile.
“I’d like to thank the public for providing information, and the media for their support in appealing for witnesses and sensitive reporting, which was a key factor leading to today’s events.”
Police charged the suspect with hit and run causing death.
He has been bailed to appear in Darwin Local Court on March 2.
Source: Thanks msn.com